Usiamo i cookies per rendere la tua esperienza migliore. Leggi di più
Five tips to secure your crypto account during holiday season
- During the holiday season, bad actors are more likely to attempt to get their hands on people's digital assets
- We share our five top tips to keep your crypto account secure, including setting a strong password and enabling 2FA, if you haven’t already done so
- Our recently launched Address book feature allows you to create a list of trusted withdrawal addresses for added security
- Don’t forget, we also offer a Smart Lock option designed to let you temporarily lock your account for any period of time
It's the holiday season in the Northern Hemisphere and time to take a well-deserved break from the turbulent crypto markets. Unfortunately, it's also a time when bad actors are more likely to attempt to get their hands on people's digital assets, taking advantage of a time when crypto investors tend to pay less attention to account security.
At Yield App, your account security remains a top priority. In this blog, we share five tips to secure your crypto account while you’re away on holiday.
Don't forget, we recently launched our new Smart Lock function, specially designed to help you keep your crypto secure with Yield App during holiday season and beyond. In addition, we have introduced the Address book feature, which allows customers to create a list of trusted withdrawal addresses.
Five ways to keep your crypto account secure
1) Set a strong password for your Yield App account
A strong password, containing upper and lower case letters, as well as special characters (!$#§&), protects your account from unauthorized access.
Never use the same password twice for different accounts. In addition, consider changing passwords from time to time for added security.
Ideally, we recommend using a password manager, such as Bitwarden or LastPass. These help you create strong passwords and protect your crypto accounts by encrypting your login details so that they can be accessed only after entering a master password.
Our recently launched mobile app supports simpler fingerprint or Face ID login options so you can log in effortlessly and securely from your mobile device.
2) Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
2FA is an extra layer of security that requires you to enter a passcode in addition to your password when logging in or withdrawing assets from the platform. This makes it much harder for anyone to access your account and your crypto, even if they somehow get hold of your login information.
You can set up 2FA for your Yield App account in the dedicated Security section found under Settings.
3) Be wary of phishing attacks
If you receive an email or message from someone you don't know, be wary of clicking any links or opening attachments that this message contains. These could be phishing attempts. For example, a link could lead you to a fake website designed to gain unauthorized access to your login information.
Official emails from the Yield App Team will be sent from our own Yield App domain (@yield.app) and our Telegram admins will never contact you directly first. If in doubt, always reach out to one of our admins or our support team via [email protected].
Another good tip is to bookmark the sites you use often, such as Yield App, and access your accounts via these bookmarks. This way, you avoid the risk of clicking on the wrong link.
4) Keep your software up to date
Security vulnerabilities are often found in outdated software. By keeping your operating system and other software up to date, you can protect yourself from these vulnerabilities.
5) Regularly monitor your account activities and contact us if you have any concerns
If you ever have any doubts about the security of your Yield App account, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team via [email protected]. We're here to help you keep your account safe and secure.
By following these five simple steps, you can keep your crypto account secure from unauthorized access.
Activate Smart Lock for additional security
Our brand new Smart Lock solution allows you to choose additional security for your Yield App account. This feature allows customers to request a temporary lock on their Yield App account for any period of time.
You can request two types of locks:
- A full lock, which prevents anyone from logging into your account.
- A withdrawal lock, which allows you to log into the platform and perform all other actions.
Both options ensure that no unauthorized withdrawals can be made during the specified period, even if your credentials are stolen.
To activate this feature:
- Email [email protected] with a photo of yourself holding up your passport or another form of ID.
- Specify the dates during which you would like your account to be locked.
- Your account will be unlocked automatically on the day specified by you.
If you require access to your account earlier, simply email our support team again with a photo of yourself holding a form of ID to verify it’s you making the request. Your account will be unlocked immediately.
Throughout 2022 and beyond, we will continue to improve the security of our mobile app and web platform, including the addition of new security features, such as the recently added Address book. Stay tuned for future updates.
We pride ourselves on ensuring the highest level of security for our digital wealth platform and continuously bringing out new safety features to improve our product offering. Our mission is to help our valued customers sleep soundly at night, while their digital assets continue to earn yield.